We believe that the only true God is the Triune God; one God made of three distinct and separate persons.
- The Father, who creates and preserves all things. (Hebrews 11:1-3)
- The Son, who redeems the world by his death and resurrection. (John 3:16; John 5:39; Acts 4:12)
- The Holy Spirit, who brings and keeps people in saving faith in Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:3)
We believe that God desires all people to be saved and know the truth.
- God loves all people and wants them to come to love him and each other. (Ezekiel 33:11; 1 Timothy 2:3,4; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 John 4:16)
- We are sinful at birth, alienated from God, and must be born again in faith. (John 3:1-8, Romans 3:23; Colossians 1:21; Ephesians 2:1-5)
We believe that God so loved people that he sent his only Son Jesus to rescue us from our lost condition.
- Jesus Christ is both God and man. (1 Timothy 2:5-6; Colossians 2:8,9)
- Jesus gave his life as the perfect sacrifice for our sins, resulting in our forgiveness and acceptance before God the Father. (Isaiah 53:5; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
- Those who believe and are baptized will be saved. (Mark 16:16; Romans 10:9,10)
We believe that the Holy Spirit brings us to and keeps us in saving faith through God’s Word, Holy Baptism and The Lord’s Supper.
- We cannot believe in Jesus or decide to follow him without the assistance of the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 12:3)
- God’s Word is true, powerful and transforms our lives. (Romans 10:17; 2 Timothy 3:14-16; Hebrews 4:12)
- Through baptism the Holy Spirit gives us new birth and the forgiveness of sin. (John 1:12,13; John 3:1-8; Titus 3:5; Acts 2:38)
- In Holy Communion, the body and blood of Jesus is present under forms of bread and wine for Christians to eat and drink. (1 Corinthians 10:16,17)
- In Holy Communion God offers believers the forgiveness of sins and increases the depth of their faith. (Matthew 26:27,28; John 6:54-58; 1 Corinthians 11:26)
We believe that through the church God equips and empowers believers to serve him by serving others and sharing the good news about Jesus.
- God has uniquely gifted each person to do good works which he empowers us to do. (Matthew 25:34-40; 1 Peter 4:10; Romans 12:3-21)
- It is not good for people to live in isolation. God intends for us to share His love with nonbelievers and believers alike through intentional relationships. (Genesis 2:18; Galatians 6:9,10; Hebrews 10:25)
- The Christian faith is best lived in close relationships with other people. (Proverbs 27:17; Acts 2:42-47; Romans 12:9-13)
- Our greatest purpose in life is to bring others into a saving relationship with Jesus their Savior. (Matthew 28:19,20; John 20:30,31)
Cross of Christ is a congregation of the Michigan District of our denomination call The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Opportunities for growth and an abundance of resources are available on their website.